Today is a happy day for two reasons: 1) this is my first entry in what I genuinely hope shall become a fun little fashion filled romp of a blog; and 2) my J. Crew No. 2 Pencil Skirts have arrived! Just ordered these babies on Friday after checking out J. Crew's Fall Preview. Normally I am the girl who avoids full price and waits for a sale - but I simply could not resist.
I'm impressed with J. Crew's fall lineup. Bright colors and beautiful jewelry (surprisingly, at lower than usual price points) have returned. Gone are the excessive ruffles and O.T.T. hair shirts...let's hope this trend continues.
- These fit true to size. The wool fabric is high quality.
- They are FULLY LINED in a lightweight 100% polyester that suspiciously feels a lot like silk. The inner waistband is trimmed in a grosgrain ribbon.
- The "Spicy Gold" color is a dead ringer for the "Honey Glaze" colorway of seasons past.
- "Vibrant Flame" is not as orange as it appears in the catalog/website. It is a true orange with an underlying but unmistakable red tone. This puppy is BRIGHT!
- I'm keeping these. They match pretty much everything in my closet.
- Some Fall/Winter color combinations I am dying to try out once the weather cools: Spicy Gold + Teal or Navy or Lemon Yellow or Graphite; Vibrant Flame + Fuchsia or Peach or Camel or Purple or Lilac or Burgundy