Monday, October 15, 2012

Review: 2012 J. Crew Collection Cashmere V Neck Sweater - Neon Fuchsia


I wanted to take a moment to review this year's J. Crew cashmere.  I recently ordered a v neck in the Neon Fuchsia with a 25% off coupon (yay to 25% off promos at J. Crew). 

The good:  Neon Fuchsia is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.  I was inspired to order this sweater after seeing it on display in the J. Crew window with the No. 2 Double Serge pencil skirt in Crimson Maple.  Take my word for it, Neon Fuchsia and Crimson Maple is a fantastic color combination. 

The not-so-good: Immediately after removing my sweater from the bag, I noticed that the sweater had a little bit of a fuzzy halo.  I returned my sweater for a refund, so I can't speak to how the sweater held up, but I can only predict that these fuzzies will develop into fully formed pills after one or two wears.  Not worth it, even on a promo.  I snapped a close up shot to try and capture the fuzzies:

The bad: This sweater is supposedly from the J. Crew collection, but the cashmere felt extremely rough.  If I didn't know better, I would have thought that they had thrown some wool into the yarn.  It definitely did not feel like 100% cashmere.  I compared the feel of this sweater to cashmere tees purchased from J. Crew in the winter of 2011, and there was a palpable difference.  Last year's cashmere tees felt softer and significantly more velvet-y to the touch. 


No comments: